At first I thought it was infatuation...

Well, that's what they say, don't they?

But the feelings lasted longer than you would imagine.

The person teetered on the edge of perfection for me.

But, no one is perfect.

Are they?

These strong feelings played havoc and ran amok in the mind.

She was so many things.

Nobody could quite compare.

Her nature and ways so hard to define.

A special kind.

Time passed, seasons moved along.

I hadn't seen her in such a while.

When we reunited she was just how I had recalled.

Perhaps even better.

The transition of years had matured her finely.

Classic wine.

The absence had proved timely.

The appreciation even deeper.

So; I can say with justification that it was more than infatuation.

It is much more...

For she knows, that how I felt did not wane, I do still very much adore.

My feelings are real, they are constant. They remain the same...



Demola, TCC


Comments

Popular Posts