Memory Lane...


Oh man... Rockport boots, synonymous with old school days. They cost a pretty penny - and most kids (it appeared had them in my school). Note, most kids...not me. The closest I got to them was a pair of 'Rockground' from the market, sigh... basically, a knock off imitation brand.  "They look pretty much the same." I was informed by my parents - who obviously didn't allow me to be swept up in the hype. (And no they didn't!). There was no way I was going to be bought such expensive boots that would never have lasted. I did not like this one tiny bit, but does a young mind even comprehend logical thinking..

So, for the peasants amongst us on the school yard chasing a battered ball around, (a couple of us) these 100 plus boots (which actually look pretty ugly) never did get aquanted with our wishful thinking feet.

Ah well.


Submitted by Demola, The Collective

Comments

Popular Posts