It's Nothing New

Every self confessed style guru goes through a phase of re-invention. This would usually involve a trip to the high street, designer or vintage stores (perhaps all three depending on your preference and/or financial capabilities) for some new purchases.

I happened to be feeling quite re-inventive today as it goes. But before I left the house I had a rummage through my wardrobe and discovered a blazer that I've had for about ten years, a three year old shirt to match and for footwear, a pair of classic Golas that I've had since 2007 and are almost box fresh.

I matched these rediscovered garments with a pair of worn skinny jeans that flutter in and out of regularity and (fan fair) just like that I was re-invented. The only new addition was a vintage suede tie that I picked up for £5 last weekend.

Maybe you should give it a try if you're ever feeling fashionably stale. It's a great way to beat the recession and it proves you can be creative and that you have always had style. It's nothing new.



Submitted by David, The Collective

Comments

Popular Posts