Train Journey

London hadn't been visited by myself for a considerable amount of time. Perhaps too long.

6.47 pm train back to Liverpool, it actually left a few minutes before it was supposed to. Hmm, It's a good job I boarded with some time to spare. Tired, and in need of the rest that this journey will afford me. London doesn't seem to do chilled and relaxed.

Metronomy  plays into my ears.. The English Riviera.

Phone in hand, engaging in numerous conversations, typical travel behaviour from a chap like me. This music suits my current mood well, not too fast, and not too slow, basically just right. Better than any generic background music that you would hear; at say a dentist's...anyway...

London visits although infrequent of late, always provide me with food for thought, Its an interesting and very different place to Liverpool.

The super multicultural capital is my birthplace and first home. I always feel nostalgic when I return. Walking along my old road, recalling my early years. The subsequent summers that I would spend in east London. At my friend's house, which was just down the road. His home is ridiculously familiar, etched in the brain.

This album is soo good. It has been played everyday during my stay.

My mind drifts onto returning back to my flat, creature comforts and bed. The train continues to move steadily as I record these thoughts.

Submitted by Demola, The Collective

Comments

Popular Posts