An afternoon in the life

I took a snap of the fog smothered Hilton from the train's window upon entering Manchester. I puffed my chest out, and made a self indulging point of braving the pouring rain in opposing protest to the sheltering fashionable metrosexuals.

Whist on Market Street I couldn't resist the temptation of the Clarks store, with their seductive sale signs and alluring originals line; although I knew that a purchase was financially unrealistic. I found myself drawn to the black leather version of the dessert treks (which I have in brown suede) or, "bank robbers" as I've heard them called. Also, during my time on Market Street, I was handed a flyer for a trendy night out - which I quickly decided were being selectively handed too those who appear trendy enough to attend. After a bitter exchange with a cash machine I headed into Starbucks for a medium filter coffee with an optional refill, where I took full advantage of the mellow environment and free WiFi to make this entry.


Submitted by David, The collective

Comments

Popular Posts