Socks and Sliders

Related image


Why did this become a thing? I mean the closest I ever thought I would get to this was seeing Americans walking about while I was over there on holiday. I mean I had issues with it then, but it kind of fitted into the culture, I guess. It was this lazy, comfortable look. At no point did this appear to be an actual fashion statement, and if it was and is... I'm not with it.


My problem is that this practice is rife here in London.Why are there swarms of teenagers walking the streets with 'sliders' and socks? It looks horrible. Your whole outfit is ruined.

Girls will be walking about with the make up, hair done, clothes tight, and then... the dreaded socks and sliders. I don't get it. Girls have the freedom to have their feet out in public. So this makes me think are your toes that terrible that you cant wear sliders aka a scandal without your toes exposed?

Even worse, this fashion virus has affected both sexes.


If I saw guys walking about with sliders and no socks here in London, regardless of the current heatwave/beautiful summer we are having - I would just turn my nose up at them straight away. It's just not needed. There is barely any humidity here, and there are plenty of breathable types of footwear you can wear.


Girls, if you are that obsessed about wearing sliders... please wear them without the dusty black socks that you be rocking them with. You might aswell walk about with a sign around your neck saying you have the ugliest feet in town.


So, with all that being said, I would like to leave you with this thought.

If it is that hot that you want to finesse in your sliders which seem appropriate for mooching around a pool on holiday with, why on earth are you walking about the urban landscape of London with socks on, too? Doesn't that counteract the purpose and design of the footwear you are deciding to wear?

Fix up people. Fix up.





Joshua, TCC















Comments

Popular Posts