Dressing like a grown up

The other day it became painfully obvious that I needed a new coat. I had been shamefully walking about with a coat that had generally lost its soul, and it also had a rip by the right pocket. However, it had become like a duvet to me. Warm and comfortable.


I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a new coat, and this time I went smart. Now I feel like a new man. Guess I got my swagger back, and a pep in my step. I feel posh, in fact I think its helped dilute my cockney east London accent. I'm pronouncing my T's and D's and generally articulating myself in a more efficient manner. I've grown about an extra inch, and I often find myself engaging in rather intellectual conversations with fellow peers. Elbow perched on a wall, and my right foot tucked behind my left leg delicately balanced on the tip of the toe box.


What a marvelous world this wonderful and elegant pea coat has afforded me. I've been reading a lot more again, something I had let slip. Now I read a book a day, while simultaneously completing the cross word in the Evening Times. I have no need to wear aftershave either, as my pores are seemingly emitting a fresh scent that many fashion houses only wished they could bottle. Needless to say the recent six figured offer I received from Dior was rejected. Yes, I love my pea coat. My black pea coat with its oversized collars. I have yet to pair it with my casual wardrobe, but I am certainly salivating at the prospect of doing so. A pair of jeans, a T-shirt and a pair of crisp white trainers. All in good time, folks. All in good time.

For now, I continue to explore this curious new world that this pea coat has unlocked for me. I found myself eavesdropping on conversations on the train home from Liverpool St last Friday. The curious thing about the whole situation was that the conversation was being spoken in Italian. If this is what dressing like a grown up does for you, I simply cannot wait to purchase a new pair of hard soled quality shoes from an enchanted cordwainer. (That's a shoe maker for your reference, as I can appreciate a fair few of you reading will be uneducated.)





Joshua, TCC 

















Comments

Popular Posts