The fixed gear diaries

Ahh, greeted by the lovely radiant sun. Such a tonic. My beloved bike is currently inactive due to needing a new hub. A week or two without my mode of transport. Not to worry, (too much) my fellow TCC David amigo is the proud owner of two snazzy bikes. Phew! David was promptly contacted and after a days patient wait I was back on two wheels, fixie style. Yes! Happy days. Cycling is an addictive pursuit and I have to admit that I'm a slave to its joys. 

The sun light is too bright for my morning eyes so the shades acquired from the Shoreditch pop up shop are quickly whacked on. A Tribe Called Quest plays through my ears. Anthology. I'm good, I'm ready. I begin to cycle - woah! I lose a little balance, I wasn't quite steady. 

The favourite route of choice is to be taken. And as of yet it hasn't become monotonous. Not yet. And for today that feeling is even further away. The sun is out, it's shinning bright - I have good music playing and you know what I feel alright. David's bike rides like a smooth dream. Comfortable, relaxed. However not very clean. He doesn't wash it much. And for a lightly coloured fixie that is just not on. Regardless of the slightly unloved look his bike garners plenty of attention. Cycle attention that I have grown accustomed to. David's bike looks great underneath this shinning sun. The sun that beats on my back and is accompanied by a nice gentle breeze that filters through my rolled up shirt. If it's all about the simple things in life - then this is cycling bliss. 


Demola, TCC 




Comments

Popular Posts