La Fontaine

"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing..."  The band played as my foot tapped uncontrollably on the creaky wooden floor. A dimly lit back street kind of place, under the protection of a sole gatekeeper who quietly ushered us in.
 
A singer, drummer, guitarist and a double bass player. They were incredible. Demola and I sat in awe as they scaled to the summits of their musical prowess. "We don't really have a name for the band, we just kind of jam." I was flabbergasted, I was expecting a list of social network sites and a self released CD. But no, they just jam. This was jazz in its quintessential essence. The mood, the vibe, the ecstatic serenity that soothed the intimate crowd. A mesmeric drum solo that was acupuncture to the senses and a sultry voice that dripped like warm honey.
 
They were just jamming, we were encased in their medley of classics. "Fly me to the moon and let me play amongst the stars..." "The night is complete for me." Demola summed it up perfectly, what an experience. Our first night in Copenhagen. Could it possibly be eclipsed?
 
 
David, TCC  (photo) Demola, TCC 


Comments

Popular Posts