A moment in time

I gazed at her as she spoke softly. Her voice was like Coltrane on the sax. Devouring every note of those sentences. I thought don't stop for I shall never speak. Each word slowly etching into my mind. How can they praise the physical form so much when language holds a much deeper connection. Moments like these are what we live for, consolidating our mundane actions in the hope that if you believe something amazing will happen then it just might. Indulging in this convergence of souls can not be considered a sin if the utmost appreciation is apparent; and if not then I shall carry on sinning. Time unfortunately did not stop during this exchange and as we parted ways I glanced back at her as the forlorn realisation came to me that I had totally forgotten the directions she had given to me.


Abdi, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts