Picture

I had drifted back. The 80's. Music that shaped a decade played. My chest slowly moving up and down as nostalgia filled my lungs. A quilt of calmness covering me. 

I was stood there looking at my younger self. We looked at one another. He was sat on the sofa. My younger self didn't recognise me. I recognised him though. Looking into his eyes we connected. He called out to his mother. I waited and then I saw her. 

I saw his parents. Our parents. Younger versions. Their essence. My eyes flickered. They didn't see me, but I saw them. I saw me. I felt warm as I gazed at them. Loving parents. Recollections came flooding back. I stood and watched them. I didn't utter a word. But I stirred.

The road looked the same, subtle differences, perhaps. I strolled along taking in all that I saw. A few people noticed me. I was dressed differently. Acting differently.  Taking photos on a little device that they didn't know was a phone. Curious looks. I smiled but didn't tell them about the future. They would find out all about that in time.

I found my way to the high road watching a blur of cars drive along, then I disappeared.


Demola, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts