Look at me now: Jonathan Ke Quan

Life for many poses a myriad of  questions that can intrigue and perplex the mind. We all have questions that we wish to be answered, as humans we are curious by nature, always striving to obtain information.

I am no different in this regard, many questions have made me scratch my head over the years and wonder, like, really, really wonder. Now, I feel content - I have the answers to those burning questions and I will share them with you.

There are certain films and programmes that I watched as a child/younger chap which could be defined as cult classics. Over time you watch them again and remind yourself of just how good they were. Then that question arises. What is the actor doing now? Since the film/programme heyday unless these people are dead then naturally they would have grown up. Yes, they would be adults now. And the question that stirs me during my sleep is - what are they doing now? And what on earth do they even look like now?

Today, people, we will examine the first child actor who I have often wondered about. His name is Jonathan Ke Quan. On observing the picture on the right I'm sure many of you would have said: "Ah the cool Chinese kid from the Goonies and later Indiana Jones." Well, firstly, let me correct you there. Although he may look oriental he is actually in fact Vietnamese and grew up in America.(They don't all look alike). Jonathan was born in 1971, making him 42 now. In my opinion he has aged pretty OK, you can tell it's sort of that same chirpy kid from the eighties, (I think). However, like the majority of famous child actors it is a little disconcerting seeing them as adults due to having an image of them in your mind that you would prefer to not be shattered.

 

So, what is he doing now in 2013? The easy notion of what his life may be like after those halycon days could be that he is holed in a backstreet restaurant kitchen frying squid and sweating under the heat. But from digging into his life (News Of The World style) - that is not the reality. This man after staring in two note worthy films (as far as I'm concerned) and then other oriental films that nobody remembers (ask your local DVD seller). Anyway, Jonathan studied Taekwondo under some man who is not important to this piece and also went on to study at the University of Manchester, UK after studying in California. Now, apart from probably walking around his local China town (never heard of a Vietnam town, sorry) reminding folk of his past Jonathan has worked as a stunt choreographer for the X-Men and another film, called The One. Never heard of it? Me either.

So, there you have it - Jonathan is not really up to much these days.



Demola, TCC
 

Comments

Popular Posts