Midnight in Paris

So, I was chatting with Joshua late last year and he was waxing lyrical about a film that I hadn't heard of before. Literally, he was ultra effusive - telling me that I had to see it and that I would especially like it. And David for that matter. 

Crikey, I swiftly made a trip to HMV and subsequently bought and watched the film; and what can I say, well - Joshua was spot on with his recommendation and certainty that I would like/love it.

For those of you who are aware, or have no idea about Midnight in Paris - this is a bona fide quintessential Woody Allen film at its best. Charming, funny, clever and extremely quaint. Oh OK, I suppose I should give a super duper fast synopsis. American, Gil Bender, (Owen, unique hooter Wilson) is a Hollywood screen writer who is basically a wistful romantic who loves Paris and everything that it exudes. Not long into the film Wilson's character discovers that after midnight Paris is magical and could be the ultimate source for his writing.

I had to tell David about this nifty, presumably small production picture! And as predicted my pal also enjoyed it. I think it actually inspired him. Especially if you've read his great 'Lovely Eras' series. 

It goes without saying that we at The Chesterfield Collective have a marvellous new inductee into our prestigious, (hey, to us it is) hall of fame. Yep, this is one jovial arty little film which I could watch every so often and still enjoy it like it was the first time. I suppose that's the case with favourites. Midnight in Paris is most definitely a favourite. 


Demola, TCC  

Comments

Popular Posts