Perhaps?


Images of a cheeky old man in a flat cap downing a swift pint caught my imagination as I strolled past this pub in Woolwich, London last week.

Perhaps he merrily hopped from his bar stool after a few pints with his chums, swaggered out the pub doors and jumped on his scooter. Then after searching for his jingling keys, and turning the ignition, he probably wheel spinned his way back home into the sunset?

Who knows, maybe once he got to his front door only to fumble his keys, dropping them numerous times he started to sing?

Perhaps his wife heard him stumbling about and singing merry old songs on the doorstep... "Always look on the bright side of life!" He sang in a thick cockney accent?

"Oh Roger, what am I gonna do with you my love?" Is perhaps what his sultry looking, surprisingly young wife understandingly said to him as she stood at the door?

Perhaps his wife is 33 and doesn't look a day over 25, and used to be Miss Venezuela?

"I only had the one my lovely!" Roger possibly replied in jest?

Perhaps her name is Catarina and maybe she even giggled as she put his arm around her and helped him up the stairs to their bedroom?

Perhaps my imagination is a little too over active?

Perhaps.




Joshua, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts