The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air

When a couple of guys, they were up to no good started making trouble in my neighbourhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said: "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air!"

Classic intro' to a classic show. I have probably seen every single episode of The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air; but still to this day - when I sit down to watch - it still makes me laugh like it was the..10th time I had seen it. (Defiantly not the first) I don't dare to recall how I laughed the first time I saw some of these episodes. Actually, I remember - laughing like a wild demented animal. Too funny. The humour is silly and at times you can see the gags coming from a mile away. Like Uncle Phil's stomach, but that's why it is so loved. All of the characters are worth their weight in gold. With Uncle Phil playing the pantomime villain. Aunt Viv' the matriarch, Hilary - ditsy and stupid - to Ashley impressionable and, well not the strongest character, anyways.. Geoffrey, the English butler with his dry wit and cutting sarcasm coupled with his contempt for working for the Banks family although he loves them really. Regular cameo's from Jazzy Jeff were predictable yet funny. His acting not great, adding to the charm of the show. And of course, there is Carlton, who if it was not for Will being the star of the show; he definitely would of been it. His geekiness, love for Tom Jones and everything "Caucasian" lends itself to alot of hilarious scenes.

Will Smith just speaks for himself in this. The show that catapulted him to acting stardom.

Some show's never get old, for me this is a prime example. Induction to the Hall of fame, all day long.

Oh...and you cant talk about Fresh Prince and not mention Carlton's dancing, can you? Quality!

Submitted by Demola, The Collective

Comments

Popular Posts